Ingredients: Almond oil infused with Calendula flowers, Cocoa butter and beeswax
Calendula is used for its wound healing properties and for its anti-microbial and anti fungal qualities.
This soft, moisturising Calendula salve has many uses:
• to assist in the healing of cuts and grazes to the skin (after initial cleansing diluted Calendula tincture is good for this);
• to soothe irritated, rough skin;
• to soften and soothe cracked dry skin;
• to protect skin against the elements, especially drying winds;
• to use as a barrier cream;
• to remedy cracked heels;
• to work into the cuticles and nails, soothing any roughness.
To purchase - click on photo of jars below
(Alternatively, can be purchased directly from Riverside Health Shop in Newcastle Emlyn (not mail order))
COMFREY AND MEADOWSWEET SALVE :
Ingredients: Olive oil infused with Comfrey leaf and Meadowsweet herb; Cocoa butter, beeswax and rosemary essential oil
Comfrey - Symphytum officinale
Comfrey has been used for centuries for its ability to assist in healing. It contains a substance called Allantoin which penetrates the skin, promoting cell renewal. Comfrey is especially good to use on slow to heal areas such as tendons and on areas where there has been previous injury.
Meadowsweet has anti-inflammatory qualities and brings relief to muscular aches and pains. This salve also contains rosemary essential oil which helps to improve local circulation and aids pain relief.
May also be helpful for the following:
• osteo-arthritic pain
• aches and pains in muscles and joints
• minor fractures (particularly ribs)
• as a muscle rub prior to or after exercise
Apply and gently rub in 1-2 times per day as required, on unbroken skin
Please click on photo of jars of salves below to purchase
(alternatively, can be bought directly from Riverside Health Shop in Newcastle Emlyn (not mail order))